During the holidays, we all get slammed with emails and advertisements telling us to buy buy buy. This year, we’re taking a step back and spending some time giving back. Whether that means supporting a hungry family or giving a micro-loan to a small-business owner around the globe, here are 5 creative ways to give back this holiday season.
1. Help squash hunger and poverty by giving the gift of an animal to a family in need. (heifer.org)
2. Make Secret Santa count! This year, give your “secret santa” recipient a donation to the charity of their choice for the maximum amount that you’re allowed to spend. Sure, a scarf or pair of socks sounds nice but $25 or $50 can go a long way for someone in need.
3. Empower people around the world with a micro loan to grow a business, send someone to school, and more. (kiva.org)
4. Hire a virtual assistant and help a Kenyan refugee with this iPhone app. (mashable.com)
5. Grant a random act of kindness to an individual or family in need (circleofgenerosity.net)
How will you give back this holiday season? Comment below and let us know!