1. Start with a quality cooler. Lugging your cooler across the sand is a whole lot easier with a Scout bag that comes in a variety of prints with personality. Looks are important but so is functionality so we love that these bags ensure your items remain cold and refreshing.
2. Skip the space-sucking icepacks and melted ice cubes. Put some of your water bottles in the freezer the night before to keep your cooler light and your water ice cold or pack some frozen grapes that are as good chilled as they are defrosted. Either way your cooler contents are doing double duty and you’ve lightened your load.
3. Boost your hydration game. Looking for a little extra refreshment on those hot days without reaching for sugary soda or juice? Infuse your ice water with fresh fruit and vegetables. These refreshing combinations really hit the spot: Cucumber & Lemon, Watermelon & Mint or Blackberry & Sage.
4. Prepare a protein-packed lunch. It’s important to add in protein to keep yourself energized in those strong summer rays. We recommend a turkey club with lean turkey slices, creamy avocado, tomato, lettuce, and onion on Joy-approved whole grain sandwich thins.
5. Indulge in local produce. It’s berry season! Stock up on antioxidant-rich blueberries, blackberries, and cherries. Not only are you treating yourself, but you’re also supporting your local farmers.
6. Pack some Cold Brew. Give yourself a little energy kick for those beach games with some cold brew coffee. If you like it creamy we recommend Califia Farms Mocha Cold Brew Coffee with Almond Milk that’s dairy-free and just 90 calories a serving.
7. Acknowledge your sweet tooth. Let’s face it, it’s not going anywhere. Throw a bag of mouthwatering Monkey Love into the cooler for a sweet treat at the end of the day!